The Ministry of Labor, Local Government and Rural Development has recently established a Labor Market Information System, for the proper management of the regime for the free movement of skills within Belize. This activity is an integral component of an efficient Labor Market. The implementation of the system was as a result of collaborative efforts with the Ministry of Human Development.
The Labor Management Information System will expertly match vacancies with suitable and available candidates in real time and in a way that is more efficient and inclusive. The Labor Department will continue to partner with employers and other stakeholders throughout the country, and spanning all industries in order to offer employment opportunities to Belizeans from different chosen career paths, who are equipped with different levels of skills, competencies and qualifications.
Last Week, all Labor and Employment Officers were engaged in an interactive training session facilitated by Mr. Mark Antrobus, Social Planner, of the Ministry of Human Development. This web-based and user friendly Labor Management Information System becomes available to the public on April 1st, 2019.
All employers are encouraged to register available vacancies with the Labor Department free of cost. Unemployed persons are also asked to contact the Labor Offices and provide their Resumes and additional information which will be uploaded to their system. Contact information is listed below:
* Belmopan City – 802-2297 (Cor 29 Racoon Ave & 6129 Brown Street.)
* Corozal Free Zone – 403-7447 (1st Floor Free Zone Management Building)
* Corozal Town – 402-2178 (C Street South)
* Orange Walk Town – 302-3425 (No 5 Bethias Lane)
* Belize City – 207-4023; 207- 4027 (No 5 Albert Street West)
* San Pedro Town – 206-2700 (2nd Floor Wing, Coconut Dr.)
* Cayo – 804 – 2287 (Cor. 28 West St/Far West Sts.)
* Dangriga – 502-2102 (Cor. Commerce St & Pier Road)
* Independence – 503-2173 (305 Pioneer Street)
* Punta Gorda – 702-2724 (Cor. George/West Sts.)