No this is not an April Fools joke! As we go into April, and Belize taking steps to further reopen, cabinet has removed the mask mandate, among other restrictions, approved under the Statutory Instrument No. 61 of 2022. YES the Mask Mandate has been scrapped; meaning that the wearing of mask indoors and outdoors is no longer required in Belize. It is more of a personal choice.
- Bars and nightclubs can open and social events can also be hosted-so long as all guests are fully vaccinated; social distancing is still required.
- Gathering size is not longer restricted
- No more curfews
Since March 1, 2022 Belize dropped its entry COVID-19 test requirement for fully vaccinated travelers entering through the international airport, land borders, or marine borders. As of April 01, there has been the following update to entry requirements coming into effect:
- All unvaccinated people 5 years and older entering Belize through the airport must show proof of a negative rapid test (48hrs) or a PCR test (72hrs)
- All unvaccinated foreigners 5 years and older entering Belize through a land or seaport must show proof of a negative rapid test (48hrs) or a PC test (72hrs)
- Belizeans 12 years and older wishing to exit Belize through air, land or seaports must be fully vaccinated before exiting.