The Belize Tourism will be hosting the 9th Annual National Tourism Awards on April 22, 2009 at the Radisson Fort George Hotel & Marina. The event will be an exceptional event where industry stakeholders, distinguished guests and tourism friends will gather to recognize organizations and persons who have committed to the development of tourism in Belize.
A total of 14 awards will be presented at this prestigious award ceremony with nominations received in each of the following categories:
- * Cultural Award of the Year for extensive accomplishment in promoting and preserving Belize’s cultural heritage.
- * Educational Organization of the Year for providing insight on the significance of tourism to Belize’s economy.
- * Corporate Organization of the Year for offering a unique and spellbound Belizean product or service recognized locally and internationally.
- * Environmental Organization of the Year for leadership in the conservation and preservation of Belize’s natural resources.
- * Receptive Service of the Year capturing the essence of warmth and Belizean hospitality with excellent service.
- * Small Hotel of the Year for offering outstanding facilities and amenities and having the ability to provide visitors with a true sample of the Belize brand.
- * Hotel of the Year offering a gateway to paradise, where service exceeds excellence, engulfed with positive attitude and attentiveness of staff, offers exceptional value for money, has outstanding facilities and amenities, remarkable ambience, innovation and the ability to provide visitors with a true sample of the Belize brand.
- * Tour Operator of the Year offering a variety of tours that excel in service, marketing, creativity, uniqueness, safety and value for money.
- * Tour Guide of the Year with the ability to mesmerize an audience with excellent communication and interpersonal skills and a positive attitude.
- * Frontline Person of the Year with the ability to welcome guests with great Belizean hospitality, and is well versed about the Belize product.
- * Small Vendor of the Year with the ability to offer creative and quality products with exceptional service.
Amongst the awards being given, a new category has been added this year – Restaurant of the Year Award. With this new category included, restaurants throughout Belize will have the opportunity to be recognized as a top restaurant within the tourism industry. Those nominated for this award are restaurants that offer a dining experience and not just a meal with routine service. The ambiance is bliss, the menu offers diversity and the service is exceptional. In addition to those criteria, the personality of the restaurant has to be as distinct as the staff is professional.
The Minister of Tourism & Civil Aviation, Mr. Manuel Herrera Jr., will have the honor to present the Minister’s Award in which he independently chooses a tourism personnel or entity recognizing their distinguished services and contributions in the tourism industry.
In addition to the Minister choosing a personnel or entity for the Minister’s Award, the Tourism Awards Selection Committee will have the opportunity to single out an individual who has been active in the tourism industry and who has shown tremendous dedication and commitment in the development of tourism in Belize.
The Awards Selection Committee consists of representatives from the Belize Tourism Board, the Belize Hotel Association and the Belize Tourism Industry Association. The National Tourism Awards is held annually to honor organizations and persons whose performance continues to characterize distinction, comprehensive industriousness, and thus worthy of merit and recognition.