– Press Release, Belize Brewing Company Ltd., Belize City, Belize – Every September, Belizeans celebrate our country’s independence and our immense national pride during National Heritage month. And as the leading domestic beer of Belize, many people commemorate the occasion with a cold, refreshing Belikin beer. Now there’s one more reason to celebrate our national pride, and appropriately enough, with a Belikin. Belize Brewing Company, Ltd has named Belizean brewmaster Nolan R. T. Michael as its new brewmaster. Mr. Michael’s new title is Head Brewmaster/Plant Manager of Belize Brewing Co. (BBCo) and Crystal Bottling Co. (CBCo), and his appointment represents the first time a Belizean has held this esteemed position.
“We are delighted to name Nolan as our new brewmaster. Belikin is The Beer of Belize, and it is only fitting that our brewmaster be Belizean,” said Michael H. M. Bowen, CEO.
As Head Brewmaster, Mr. Michael is now responsible for the recipes of all Belize Brewing Company, Ltd beers. This will include not only the four proprietary beers, but additional seasonal brews. In the near future, Belize Brewing Company will be introducing many seasonal beers and as the Head Brewmaster, Mr. Michael will be crafting these beers.
Earlier this year, Mr. Michael took a sabbatical to attend the International Diploma in Brewing Technology Program at the Siebel Institute of Technology & the World Brewing Academy. This three-month educational program took him from Belize to Chicago, Illinois, and then on to Munich, Germany. Mr. Michael not only excelled at brewing, but he made us proud by graduating at the top of his class.
* Mr. Michael started his career with B&B in August 1998 working with BAL as Assistant Hatchery Manager.
* In May 1999 he transferred to CBCo to implement the Coca-Cola Quality System.
After that successful implementation, he remained at CBCo as the Quality System Coordinator.
* Mr. Michael became the CBCo Plant Manager in August 2002 and has managed that company through highs and lows for the past nine years.
* With this promotion to manage BBCo and CBCo, Mr. Michael will bring alignment and parity to both companies.
This coming December, Mr. Michael will introduce the first seasonal brew — Sorrel Stout. A specialty stout given to the nuances of one brew to the next, it’s never the same beer twice. “It’s a little different each time,” Mr. Michael says, “Its intended subtle variety offers customers something new to experience with each brew.”
The Belize Brewing Company currently produces four beer varieties, including refreshing lagers and savory stouts. The Belikin brand has forged an enduring legacy linked to the very nature of Belize itself; the name “Belikin” being derived from the indigenous Maya language meaning “Road to the East.” Hand-crafted with uncompromising standards for pure ingredients, a Belikin perfectly complements the richly rewarding experiences found throughout the unspoiled country of Belize. For more information about Belikin beers please visit: www.TheBeerOfBelize.com.
The Belize Brewing Company (BBCo) and Crystal Bottling Company (CBCo) are subsidiaries of Bowen & Bowen, Ltd, Belize City, Belize. For more information, please visit: www.bowenbz.com.