“Beauty and Belize” Miniseries to Showcase Delegates and The Jewel – The journey to the Miss Belize Pageant includes 14 delegates and a plan to put Belize on the beauty map in a new way. It has been nearly 10 years since a delegate from Belize graced the Miss Universe Pageant stage. September 10 will mark a turning point, when a panel of judges will select a young woman to represent Belize in the world’s premiere beauty pageant.
Opal Enriquez, National Director of Miss Belize Universe, is pleased with the lineup of young women who will vie for the crown. “These young women are accomplished, intelligent and beautiful, ” Enriquez said. “Belizeans can be proud to have such a strong group contestants—any of whom would represent us well on an international stage.”
As the delegates prepare for the pageant, producers are documenting the process in a miniseries titled “Beauty and Belize.”
In addition to showing the world all the splendor of Belizean attractions, the four episodes will feature Belizean brands and products in celebration of our country’s development and authenticity. This dual perspective will entice tourists and local viewers to Belize by showing them that our home is an evolving paradise with many activities they can safely enjoy. (Follow Miss Belize on Facebook)
“Beauty and Belize” will be shot in four phases:
1. “The Hunt” features the delegate selection process and all preliminary events. This includes (but not limited to) a preliminary fashion show, an afternoon tea party, and a beach beauty competition (please see below for schedule)
2. “The Crowning Moment” Features the main event live broadcast of the pageant as well as commentary and reaction interviews and after party coverage.
3. “The Return to Miss Universe” In this phase the show will follow the new Miss Belize as she prepares for her journey to Miss Universe, including her visits to local sponsors and her journey to Los Angeles for pageant and media training.
4. “Being Miss Belize” This phase will promote the Miss Belize mission of being a role model to young women and an ambassador of beauty and good will.
This year marks the first time in almost a decade that Belize will send a delegate to the Miss Universe Pageant, to be held in Las Vegas in December.
“We are excited to have delegates from all of our districts,” said Opal Enriquez, National Director of Miss Belize Universe. “They truly represent the diversity of our country.”
Misty Swazo, Libertad
Lianne Chi, Orange Walk
Theotisha Hall, Corozal
Marcia Moody, San Ignacio
Kimberly Price, Santa Elena
Shamra Palacio, Esperanza
Lyanne Reid, Belmopan
Moriah Lino, Belmopan
Neidy Rodriguez, Belize City
Shamira Neal, Belize City
Princess Acosta, Belize City
Dianira Rivera, San Pedro
Rebecca Rath, Dangriga
Marlaine Heron, Punta Gorda
Sponsors for Miss Belize include the BTB, NICH Belize, Maya Island Air, the Best Western Belize Biltmore Plaza Hotel, and Jose Luis Zapata. Organizations and companies interested in partnering with the pageant can contact Ms. Enriquez at firstname.lastname@example.org.
• Meet the Miss Belize delegates: Thursday, August 11 at 7 pm | Best Western Belize Biltmore Plaza Hotel, Belize City
• Miss Belize Fashion Show: Saturday, September 3 at 8 pm | Midas Belize Resort, San Ignacio
• The Miss Belize Pageant takes place on September 10 at the Bliss Center for the Performing Arts.