“Contented are those whose joy is not dependent upon the changing nature of the material reality.” Banana trees don’t care about money, they live by the seasons. Rain and sunshine, their power is patience. They know waiting long enough the season will change. We live in a world of opposites, to every turn of the earth there is a season turn, turn, turn. And a time for every purpose, under Heaven.
Nature and her pride of creatures know when to recede. Birds fly south for the winter, Bears hibernate, and owls sleep all day to prepare for the night. The clouds fill up and empty on the land. Although we speak of opposites, they are part of the same whole. They define each other, as hot defines cold.
Whenever any great height reaches its extreme, it will change towards its opposite. There will always be periods of abundance, it is a time for action, spending and feasting. It is a time for celebration, but those who know the nature of planting and harvesting know there is also a time of famine. No Glory can be preserved forever. In fact every high season follows a low it is inevitable. Nothing in life is permanent. Therefore the wise is glad for abundance and take advantage if the time but also prepare for the time of lack that will follow.
OK, its “maga” season in Sanpedro, this is the reality. This year it is worsen by the decline in world economy. When you argue with reality, you lose-every time. Money is scares for those who expected it to keep pouring in. Old timers know this is part of fishing, sometimes you have the right bait but there are no takers. This is a time to reassess, look at what you really have and what is weighing you down. Sometimes it’s time to slash and burn, or just plain let go. We all love our comfort and giving up the driver’s seat is never easy. But look on the bright side; No one is going to give you sympathy when you live on an island surrounded by beautiful pristine, emerald water that brings golden sunsets almost every day. Below are ways to access your abundance in feast and famine:
- Rich is a way of viewing life. Continually focus your mind on the wealth in your life. There is more to wealth than just cash. Take an inventory of all the great things like: health, friendships, inner happiness, love. What you think about you bring about.
- Accentuate the Positive. Don’t spend your time focused on what is lacking in your life. Stay away from people who are spreading negative ideas about the economy. Your inner reality is yours to dictate.
- Put life into your goods and service. Project passionate energy into your money making venture. People buy the energy that surround goods and service. Treat your products and customers with love so it attracts more abundance.
- Remember your Divine right. Consider the ravens: they neither sow nor reap, they have neither storehouse nor barn, and yet God feeds them. Of how much more value are you than the birds! …Strengthen your connection to the Divine.
Excerpt from “Secrets To Life Book” by Chris Emmanuel
Book available at Chris Emmanuel Art Gallery (Sunbreeze Hotel) and Pages Book Store
– by Chris Emmanuel, Columnist