In a unique case, the Ministry reports that a COVID-19 positive female delivered a baby yesterday and both mom and baby are okay. Plus, there are six patients hospitalizes with one person having to be intubated.
The COVID-19 updated came in late last night, Thursday, August 13, 2020, with no new reported cases for San Pedro, Ambergris Caye. This by no means indicates that there are no more cases on the island, rather, more samples have been taking for testing. A total of 172 samples have been processed with 60 positive cases. A lot of those cases have connections with San Pedro, especially in the Orange Walk district.
The preliminary breakdown we have so far is as follows:
– 1 case in Independence
– 1 case in Caye Caulker
– 3 cases in Belmopan (linked to previous case and one with a link to San Pedro)
– 4 cases in Cayo District (1 in Duck Run, 2 in Succotz – all 4 cases linked to San Pedro)
– 12 cases in Corozal (linked to previous cases and some to San Pedro)
– 16 cases in Belize City (for the most part linked to San Pedro)
– 23 cases in Orange Walk District (in San Jose, San Felipe, Guinea Grass, San Pablo – mostly linked to construction site in San Pedro)
For now, we have 6 patients hospitalized as follows:
– 1 in Corozal
– 1 in Orange Walk
– 1 in Dangriga
– 3 at KHMH (one person intubated)
“Please continue to be safe and practice all prevention measures with all persons around you. It depends on a collective effort to flatten this curve!”