The Fear of Rejection and Overcoming It
Having a fear of rejection is a very common thing. Nobody likes being rejected so we tend to try and do fewer things that you think would get us rejected. This is a problem because it stops us from doing certain things we want to do. People can get rejected from many things like a job, asking for help, a date, or the scariest – someone you like.
Mother Beats Daughter over Naughty Facebook Posts – My Reaction
- by Ryan Ancona - A disciplinary method that is loved by some people but despised by many is spanking. It is sort of an old fashioned method but still used a lot in certain countries. It is becoming less popular here in Belize, but there are still some parents who practice it.
Defining Gender Roles in Society
- by Ryan Ancona - In this week’s Teen Talk I would like to talk about gender roles. First of all what are gender roles? To sum it up gender roles are expected behaviours from a certain gender. Certain examples of this would be like expecting a guy to like the color blue and a girl to like the color pink.
There is Nothing Wrong in Being Different
There is Nothing Wrong in Being Different In today’s society we are all expected to have a similar personalities, clothing, likes, dislikes, opinions, etc.
Teens Can Overcome Peer Pressure
Was there ever a time when one of your friends wanted you to do something but you felt it just wasn’t right and you still did it anyway? Well that is a little thing called peer pressure and more than likely you have dealt with it before. When I was a little younger this was a very big problem for me but fortunately this was one of the problems I have successfully overcome.
Keeping your New Year’s Resolution
It is that time again - to break into a New Year and everyone is ready for a change in themselves and doing so with New Year’s resolutions. But most of these resolutions, or attempts at it, usually last only two to three months after ringing in the New Year. So how do you keep your resolutions? For me, I don’t really have any resolutions because I don’t really see any point to it.
Stepping Out of Your Comfort Zone
* by Ryan Anonca, Teen Talk Reporter * In this week’s Teen Talk article, I would like to talk about coming out of your comfort zone and facing your fears. It is a very difficult to come out of your comfort zone if you are a shy person.
Working on your Self Esteem
In this week’s Teen Talk I want to talk about self-esteem as low self-esteem is very common in teens. There are some people who view themselves as ugly, fat, etc. It is true that it is more common in girls than in guys but that does not mean there aren’t boys that feel the same way.
Why Judging People is Wrong
- by Ryan Ancona, Teen Talk Reporter - In this week’s article we will be talking about why judging other people is wrong. I believe everyone is guilty of this at some point of their lives, some more than others. Then there are some people who don’t really realize that they are doing it.
Spending Quality Time with Family
- by Ryan Ancona, Teen Talk Reporter - Mother’s Day celebrations just recently took place and it got me thinking, “What about the rest of your family?” It is well known that most teens don’t really spend much time with their family.
Finding Your Talent is a Good Thing
* by Ryan Anonca, Teen Talk Reporter * Everyone has that little something he can do- that very special talent, but a lot of people don’t actually know what their talents are. It could be sports, singing, dancing, drawing or even being smart because technically being smart is a talent.
Back to School
By Ryan AnconaIt’s back to school and most likely a lot of people feel restless and tired because of staying up late and hanging with friends and family during the Easter vacation. So here are some tips to get back on track and be motivated for another good term of schoolwork.
Music for Your Changing Moods
By Ryan Ancona Music is the number one thing that every teen uses to come off planet earth for a couple of minutes and be transported into the magical world of imagination and emotions. But which music is best for the mood you are in? Everyone knows that feeling when you just put on your headphones and at that same moment someone starts talking to you. It is probably very annoying but depending on what kind of music you are listening, to will actually change the mood of your response.
Choose Your Social Groups Wisely
Everyone has that little group that you ‘hang out’ with either in school or just out in public. But are you in a good one or maybe you want a new group of friends? Here’s what to look out for when deciding to hang out with a different “clique”. Some people call this clique my best friends, or my gang or even my ‘bomb ballies’. 1. Have similar likes
Carnaval Celebrations Start with New Painting Rules
You probably heard about the new rules to San Pedro Carnival this year; some of you might like it but we have heard how others think differently about them. I personally think it is kind of good as it will stop a lot of vandalism that takes place.
Teasing it is pretty much everywhere. It is found at your school, on the streets, and even on the internet. Everyone has gotten teased at one point in his life. Therefore, let’s figure out how to deal with it. First you need to figure out why this person is teasing you. It could be for jealousy, hatred, or maybe just his/her bad habit.
The Best of 2012 – Happy New Year
It’s a New Year, which means there are many new adventures ahead for everyone. We don’t know what we may have to do this year or what we will encounter, but all we know is that we should try to make this year the best year you ever had. Why not try to develop a new skill or start working on one you already have? Why not help the less fortunate or bring joy into someone’s life? There are many different things we can do. All we need to know is to not waste this year or mess it up by doing something bad. We must take advantage of what life brings our way and make the most of it.
Maya 2012 End of the World...Nope!
So you probably already heard the rumors on the “End of the World” that is suppose to take place on the 21st of December! A lot of people think it’s not real but then there are those who are deep into the idea that the Maya have predicted the end of life as we know it.
Emo Teens Deal Depression with ‘Cutting’
So this week I would like to talk about cutting and depression and I believe this is a very big issue with teens today. When going to school I have noticed a lot of people with cut scars on their wrists and these same people that do are the ones that always seem happy and are living a good life.
Sagging! How Appearance Affects Perception of Social Class
So every teenager has his own style and way he acts around people. The guys that are usually mean to people will wear gang-related clothing to make them feel like they are part of a gang and, who knows, maybe some of them are. A lot of guys these days will have their pants down way below the waistline and this is what we call “Sagging”. They are even proud of exposing their underwear!